Over at the Folyo blog, I just wrote an article about the most common mistakes designers make when designing their own portfolios. I encourage you to read the full article, but here’s a quick run-down.
- Mistake #1: Not having a portfolio
- Mistake #2: Using a cookie-cutter tagline to introduce yourself
- Mistake #3: Having tiny thumbnails
- Mistake #4: Only showing small screenshots of your work
- Mistake #5: Displaying inconsistent work
- Mistake #6: Not providing enough details about your work
- Mistake #7: Having an unfocused portfolio