While doing research for my own article, I came across some articles on how to do better on Themeforest. Here’s a few of them:
- Top 10 for selling templates on Themeforest — FreeCSS.info
- 11 Lessons Learned from Browsing ThemeForest — Design M.ag
- Tips for Creating High Selling Templates — Lost in the Woods
- 7 Must-Have Features for Selling a WordPress Theme on ThemeForest — Words by Matt Dunn
- 7 Things To Consider Before Submitting To ThemeForest — Loon Design
- Inside the Mind of ThemeForest’s Top Selling Author — NetTuts
But take this advice with a grain of salt. Those articles can tell you how current top authors reached their spot, but you might need to find your own way to the top. After all, if you simply follow existing trends, you’ll always be one step behind. So don’t be afraid to experiment a little!